What do you get when you mix social entrepreneurs with educators and artists on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay?
Join an ongoing celebration – and conversation – around what we can all do to create a healthier, more prosperous and sustainable Chesapeake Bay region. Through a regular and on-going series of events and activities culminating in an annual film festival, SustainaFest leverages the power of art and entertainment to spark dialogue and drive direct action and measurable impact on the most pressing social, environmental, and economic issues of our time and in our communities.
To educate and engage people of all ages and interests to take action in their everyday lives to strengthen our community, improve our environment, and support our local economy.
To leverage the power of cutting-edge film, awe-inspiring music, visionary speakers, social entrepreneurs, seasoned educators, and innovative projects to spark dialogue, spotlight innovations, and catalyze new solutions.
We live at a time of great challenge and opportunity, a time when we are being called to reinvent the very foundations of how we live and interact with each other and the natural environment. SustainaFest is about connecting people and ideas. It’s about celebrating our successes, while pioneering new approaches to living in harmony with each other and the planet.
- What can local chefs and watermen teach us about protecting the health of our fisheries?
- How can community members work together for clean energy alternatives?
- What does history teach us about strengthening our local economy and community self-reliance?
- How can students lead the sustainability revolution necessary for their own futures?
- How can we leverage successful models to spur innovation in our communities?
These are among the questions SustainaFest invites you to explore.
SustainaFest is a unique partnership among:
- The sustainability experts at Council Fire, a world class consultancy building and implementing sustainable solutions that are good for communities, businesses and the environment.
- The world famous crew at Mountainfilm in Telluride to offer a window into a world of films to entertain, educate, and inspire audiences and provide access to innovative filmmakers whose works inform the sustainability community.
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service‘s Chesapeake Bay Field Office, working with others to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
- The prestigious Fellowship, International League of Conservation Photographers, using the power of photography to help educate the world community and to further conservation goals.